Sunday, February 14, 2010

Donate! PLEASE!








I wanted to update this week with more information about how to donate and how the money will be used to benefit the kids at the Gandhi Ashram. Recently, I have been talking to Professor Roy (one of the founders of the program with Colby and a close friend of the Gandhi Ashram) who has presented a very interesting idea of how best to help the kids. GA is special because of its ability to change the future for a few children around Kalimpong. They are given the opportunity to change the course of their lives and the lives of their families. Even at a very young age, the kids are aware of this gift and take advantage of the education awarded them. Professor Roy has recently told me that a few of the students, upon graduating from the Gandhi Ashram, are interested in pursuing a college career. Coming from Kalimpong, this is an amazing achievement and will most assuredly support their families for the rest of their lives. In total, it cost about $6,000 to send these students to school. I will ask you again to please consider donating to this very special cause.

In the next few weeks, I will post information about these students and their planned career paths. Hopefully, with a face and a name this cause will become as personal to you as it is to me. I assure all of you that this gift would be so important to these students and they would take advantage of the opportunity.

I have also updated information on how to donate to the Gandhi Ashram. With the help of Colby (thank you), I have provided a link so that people can donate by credit card. Thank you again for all of your support. The training is moving along well. 12 miles this past Saturday! Wooohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment