Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ouch.

So the double digit 10-miler was on Saturday. Ouch. No really, it was painful. The type of pain that makes you want to stop and take a taxi home. Luckily, I had a friend meet me about three miles into the run (thank you Julia!) and having those extra legs next to me made me finish it out. I do wonder what I've gotten myself into sometimes. I ran a half-marathon in college so figured that a full wouldn't be that much different. After running this 10, I really did realize how much farther I have to go. Ouch.

I actually would really appreciate any suggestions from "real" runners out there. See I have this problem where my legs turn into concrete after a few runs. Right now my calves feel like stones. Anyone have any remedies that would help me out? 12 miles is next week for the long run. Let's hope it goes better...

No comments:

Post a Comment